Original Federation Family Home on over 700m² with Level and Rear Lane Access
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 3 Cars
Conveniently positioned just steps from Cremorne village, this home has been owned by the same family for over 80 years. Built circa 1910 this spacious single level Federation home is presented in a lovingly restored yet original condition brimming with retained features including vaulted plaster ceilings, ornate marble fireplaces, arches, coloured glass windows and polished timber floors.
The home has a highly functional traditional layout with grand central hallway leading to bedrooms and exquisite formal rooms with potential to convert into bedrooms easily to make 1-2 extra bedrooms. The rear of the home features an original kitchen with adjoining casual living area with access to the level rear lawn and garden. There is a large full brick barn-like garage at the rear accessible via Lindsay Lane and capable of holding 3 cars.
Only footsteps to cafes, restaurants, Cremorne Orpheum, small bars and renowned local private and public schools, enjoy easy access to city via express bus transport.
Architectural concept design plans with indicative costings have been done to assist with the idea of transforming the current home into a 5 bedroom home with rear self-contained flat above the garage and a pool. This plan utilises the existing architecture and features of the front of the home and redevelops the rear of the home to create a pavilion style open plan living and entertaining zone focused around a pool and North-East facing lawn and garden. Please note the concept plan has been designed with local council planning controls considered (zoning is Residential 3 medium density) but will be subject to a formal DA submission and approval. The designer is available for further consultation if required by potential buyers.
- Grand central hallway with vaulted ceilings
- 3 existing bedrooms with easy conversion of formal rooms to an extra bedroom
- Adjoining formal lounge and dining rooms versatile as a 4th bedroom/home office
- Eat in gas kitchen and adjoining casual living and dining room
- Original and immaculate bathroom with bath tub
- Laundry with storage, additional bathroom with shower
- Double fronted faade with bay window and central entry
- Timber floorboards, decorative coloured glass windows, ceiling roses and fireplace
- Large rear lawn with rear lane access and 3 car garage
- Footsteps level walk to shops and restaurants and transport to city
- Walking distance to an array of top schools, quiet centrally located street
* All information contained herein is gathered from sources we consider to be reliable, however we cannot guarantee or give any warranty to the information provided.
3 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.