'Edinglassie' - Landmark Federation Family Home with Sweeping Harbour & City Views
- 5 Beds
- 5 Baths
- 4 Cars
Commanding spectacular city and harbour views from its elevated 960sqm landholding, this majestic c1907 Queen Anne Federation family home masterfully and sympathetically fuses together old world grandeur with modern day luxury.
A landmark residence of stately proportions, 'Edinglassie' is encircled by a sandstone flagged verandah and adorned with meticulously restored leadlighting. Internally, the vast layout provides for an array formal, informal and alfresco entertaining options. A towering archway links the formal sitting room and banquet dining room whilst walls of sliding glass doors connect the open-plan living expanse to the wraparound poolside terrace. Split level in its configuration, the home is crowned by a whole floor parents retreat complete with an open hotel-style ensuite, sky-lit dressing room, private lounge, multiple balconies and panoramic city and easterly harbour views.
Holding two prized street frontages within the exclusive harbourside community of Clifton Gardens, discover the natural beauty and absolute convenience of this family friendly enclave. Positioned metres from National Parkland, harbour beaches and bus transport, this iconic character home is also within walking distance to Taronga Zoo, Mosman village and Queenwood School for Girls.
Accommodation and Features
- Breathtaking formal spaces joined by a majestic archway, banquet sized dining
- Seamless indoor/outdoor living in the open-plan kitchen, dining and family room
- Shaker-style kitchen with sweeping views anchored by a stone topped island bench
- Gas kitchen equipped with 2 ovens, a Smeg dishwasher and Vintec wine fridge
- Spacious family room centred upon a Jetmaster fireplace, everyday dining area
- Parents retreat with lounge, sky-lit dressing room, 3 balconies and harbour views
- Open-plan master ensuite with mosaic tiling, deep bath and separate vanities
- All five bathrooms luxuriously featuring under-floor heating and frameless glass
- 2nd bedroom boasting a walk-in robe, marble fireplace and luxe ensuite with bath
- Family sized laundry room serviced by a laundry chute, masses of built-in storage
- Heated saltwater swimming pool adjacent to a relaxing timber decked daybed
- Alfresco dining, outdoor kitchen, open-air lounge and poolside bathroom facilities
- Showroom garage versatile as a teenage escape, multi-car garage or workshop
- Plantation shutters, intercom, alarm, designer light fittings and timber floors
- Ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning, under-floor heating and bespoke joinery
- Metres to Clifton Gardens Reserve, National Park, Taronga Zoo and walking trails
- Close to private schools, sporting fields, playgrounds and city transport options
Open Saturday 11:15-11:45am, mid-week by appointment only.
*All information contained herein is gathered from sources we consider to be reliable, however we cannot guarantee or give any warranty to the information provided.
4 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.