A Generational Family Home - A Villa with Water Views, Superior Appointments, Craftsmanship & Privacy
- 4 Beds
- 4 Baths
- 4 Cars
For those who fall under its spell, this home is both as unique as it is beautiful, an almost serendipitous opportunity for anyone looking for something better, not just bigger.
Evocative of the Mediterranean dream many desire until reality bites, one languid lunch on the terrace will refresh such memories.
From first sight of this home in its private and elevated location when, even before entering the front gate, the magic begins. Even the mailbox is a delight.
Enter the foyer through the double 19th century doors and the home's palpable charm may stir another fond memory - the warmth and comfort of a traditional home. From here, every head turn reveals sublime details and of seamless cohesion rarely found in the soulless square set architecture of today.
Disposed over three levels, the home was fully rebuilt and finished four years ago. Building on four generations spanning forty years, this accumulated experience is evident in its design and execution. As perfect for a single person desirous of space as for a couple, a young family and then to later life living (by virtue of a discretely concealed lift), it fits almost any lifestyle.
Splendid views from most rooms arc from the bay below, the expanse of northern Middle Harbour and sweeping horizon from the Northern Suburbs across to Frenchs Forest and beyond.
A true cook's kitchen to which all gravitate, the living rooms to the colonnades, terraces and pool area, it is made for indoor and outdoor enjoyment. Every centimetre of its 409sqm has been utilised to maximum benefit.
One of only three properties owning the privately owned cul-de-sac, it is minutes from to Mosman, Balmoral Beach, The Spit, Cremorne Junction, Neutral Bay, Cammeray, and enviably, easy and most beautiful access to the city and distributors without obstruction. For dog lovers, Primrose Park is one of the happiest places on Earth and the western Spit, a water dog's idea of Heaven.
The inclusions detailed below demonstrate this home is a sublime marriage of functional design, its environment and amenities in a very special home in an equally special enclave of Sydney.
One viewing may not be enough to take it in. Come again.
Accommodations, Appointments and Features
- Wide street frontage, owning the closest of three corridors of the private road
- Extensive Local and Middle Harbour views from most habitat rooms and poolside entertaining area
- Striking 19th century French double doors with original and supplemented furnishings
- Inlaid Tree of Life mosaic motif on the portico floor
- Sound insulating double rebated Italian oak doors with individual keying throughout
- Lift servicing all three levels for level access
- Jetmaster gas fire and Italian marble fireplace within the living area
- Custom built European oak kitchen united by Giallo Venato marble bench tops
- Marble kitchen bench with sunken wet area, high-end appliances, island bench with storage and bin chutes
- Double glazed insulated French doors opening to the colonnade, alfresco dining and BBQ terrace, all with views
- King-size master suite with adjoining spa ensuite, numerous built-ins and dressing room
- All bedrooms with floor-to-ceiling built-in robes. Bedroom four versatile as a study or nursery
- Laundry chute connecting all three levels
- Spacious laundry room, French pattern travertine floor concealed storage
- Individually designed floor to ceiling travertine bathrooms, heated floors and towel racks, custom inset vanity sinks and high-grade LED lighting
- Heated travertine floors on lower level
- Lower level entertainment/guest apartment with Miele kitchen and glass tiled steam room and travertine bathroom
- Saltwater pool with inversion heating, imported tiles and nearby outdoor show Integrated Beefeater BBQ with Travertine bench tops, ceiling fan above outdoor dining
- Ducted reverse-cycle air-conditioning, utility room sensor lighting
- Coffered ceilings, iron balustrades, oak timber stair treads and 100% wool carpets
- Air-conditioned and insulated wine cellar, insulated door, excavated into southern facing sandstone (under portico)
- Fishpond orientated for positive Feng Shui
- C-bus system with motion sensors, back-to-base alarm system and intercom
- Electrical, phone, television, data and Foxtel connections
- Gated cobblestone driveway cascading down to double carport and double garage
- Internal access from double lock-up garage, masses of storage and workshop
- External access to pool and side access to guest apartment
**Inspect by Appointment
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm System
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
See all features
4 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.